• Apply audit procedures and practices used to assess the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of controls being used in business areas. Responsibilities also include developing assessment criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, identifying and defining issues, documenting and reporting work results in compliance with standards, and making sound recommendations to enhance quality, controls and efficiency.
• Develop and execute audit objectives/procedures to assess controls for new or existing IT assets/systems and processes.
• Serve as auditor-in-charge or assist on audit engagements. As the auditor-in-charge, will direct and review the work of other audit team members to ensure compliance with departmental procedures and the Institute of Internal Auditors International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
• Employ Federal Reserve endorsed risk assessment methodologies to gauge risks.
• Maintain active and current knowledge of prevailing standards, regulations, guidance, best practices, policies and customer initiatives to maintain expertise and to provide greatest value to business owners. Examples include Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) guidance on Enterprise Risk Management, Control Objectives for Information & Related Technologies (COBIT), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) concepts and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
• Perform data extractions, analyses and security reviews utilizing appropriate technologies.
• Interact with all levels of management and staff in assessing operations, communicating audit results, and conducting audit follow-up activities.
• Participate in various Bank and Federal Reserve System groups and projects that involves audit as well as non-audit business purposes.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Accounting/Finance, or a related discipline.
• 1 – 3 years of work experience in the audit field.
• Working knowledge of the Institute of Internal Auditors International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
• Understanding of or aptitude for learning fundamental IT risks, vulnerabilities, and controls.
• Ability to analyze risks and controls to mitigate identified risks.
• Ability to learn a wide range of topics quickly.
• Ability to analyze situations with a broad, holistic view.
• Strong critical thinking skills with experience reviewing and analyzing processes to identify improvement opportunities.
• Must be action-oriented and have demonstrated initiative in completing and taking on new assignments.
• Strong desire for achieving excellence in work product and customer satisfaction.
Equivalent education and/or experience may be subsituted for the above.
Special Knowledge/Skills Required:
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills including the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills required.
• Superior organizational and time management skills.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• CIA, CPA, CISA or other related professional certification or willingness to attain within two years of employment.
• Intellectual Horsepower
• Problem Solving
• Independent Judgment
• Organizing and Planning