The Consultant - IT Auditor is responsible for development and execution of Network and Information Technology audit engagements across the Verizon enterprise, including technologies within Corporate Verizon, Consumer & Mass Business, Verizon Enterprise Solutions, and Verizon Wireless. Internal candidates should have well-rounded and comprehensive technical skill sets related to IT, network technology, or security in combination with the aptitude and soft skills needed to learn and perform the audit function. The position requires self-discipline and the confidence to lead audit engagements as part of a team, in addition to strong project management, consultancy, and written and oral communication skills. The ideal candidate should be considered a subject-matter expert (SME) in the field of IT, Network Technology, or Security.
The position provides the following opportunities:
• Gain a broad, enterprise-wide perspective on all of Verizon's technology business units in the areas of network, IT, and security.
• Perform complex technical and strategic audits outside existing technical and work experience while broadening technical skills.
• Leverage existing technical experience for audits while developing leadership abilities.
• Networking opportunities to establish business relationships throughout Verizon.
• A potential career 'stepping stone' into other technical areas in the business.
• Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex information systems and network technologies.
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the function to be audited, and use business knowledge, analytical skills and experience in identifying IT control risks to improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
• Design and execute appropriate tests to verify the effectiveness of existing IT controls.
• Consolidate issues for management level review; develop clear and concise written recommendations, which require minimal editing; present recommendations and resolves issues with management.
• Actively participate in the completion of department initiatives to support the development of a best-in-class Internal Audit function.
• May supervise routine projects and audits, and completes special projects as required.
• Ability to travel 20 - 35%.
• Geographic mobility.
• BS/BA degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related technical field. At least a 3.0/4.0 overall GPA or equivalent
• Significant experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in at least one of the following areas: (a) IT operations or application reviews; (b) network operations or security audits; (c) SSAE16 or PCI compliance engagements; and/or (d) ERP security and control reviews (Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft)
• Minimum of 2 years IT auditing work experience and/or 3 - 4 years work experience in any of the following:
• Security administration or system administration of UNIX, Linux or Windows platforms
• IT Architect
• Network security or network management and administration
• Network operation center or network support experience
• SAP and/or PeopleSoft technical support knowledge
• Demonstrated effective leadership and interpersonal skills; excels in a team environment
• Demonstrated creative and innovative solutions to strategic business issues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work on various projects simultaneously
• Proficiency in PC skills (preferably with the Microsoft Office suite of products)
• Demonstrated knowledge of networks technology, operating systems, midrange platforms, personal computers, system development, client/server architecture, and Microsoft software products required
• Experience with any of the following products or tools: ACL, Idea, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Basic, Microsoft .NET framework, Microsoft Access, SQL, Microsoft Exchange, , or Hyperion
• IT audit experience in a Public Accounting firm strongly preferred
• IT development certifications (e.g. Java, .Net, Oracle)
• Network administration certifications (e.g. CCNA, etc)
• CISA or CISSP strongly preferred
Responsible for supervision of a team and/or for specific projects or definable portions of larger projects or processes; creates practices that aid in the successful completion of projects within a product or functional area; typically reports to Manager (Band 6).
Individual Contributor Role
Uses professional concepts and company policies & procedures to solve a wide range of complex problems in creative and practical ways; makes recommendations that aid in the successful completion of initiatives within a functional area. Typically involved in one large project at a time; develops schedules to ensure timely completion of the project; identifies appropriate resources needed.
Decision Making Authority
Receives general guidance for the accomplishment of short to medium term goals and operating objectives. Plans and executes own work. Exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of assignment. Line of sight up to 1 year.
Provides resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems. Analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods & techniques for obtaining solutions.
Knowledge and Skills
Requires a range of skills within a professional discipline including familiarity with principles, theories, concepts and technologies as well as applied knowledge of established procedures, policies and practices.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience. Generally requires minimum of 4 yrs. experience in a related discipline.