The IT Compliance Analyst will participate and lead, at management’s direction, IT compliance initiatives for GM Financial including Audit controls, compliance review and the documentation of policies and procedures. This position will also monitor, and as necessary, coordinate compliance activities of other departments.
The IT Compliance Analyst will also participate and lead, at management’s direction, Data Retention and Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) projects for meeting legal and business data archival requirements.
Additionally, this team member is part of the IT Services organization and will participate in other project efforts, as needed, including Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) and Change Management.
· Lead and participate in multiple compliance and documentation initiatives to successful implementation.
· Develop and recommend compliance controls including but not limited to SOX, GLB, and Security monitoring.
· Follow GM Financial’s Methodology and Standards in developing detailed project plans and completing required documentation.
· Complete and manage detailed project plans using Microsoft Project Server.
· Develop and maintain productive working relationships with IT, Corporate Security, IT Audit, and other stakeholders.
· Assist business owners and IT personnel in review of Data Retention policy and scheduled destruction.
· Assist BC/DR Administrator in conducting Business Impact Analysis and risk assessment evaluations.
· Assist in the development and communication of Disaster Recovery testing events that will be conducted on a scheduled frequency based on information collected from the Business Impact Analysis studies.
· Assist and serve as backup as needed to the Change Management Administrator.
· Assist in maintaining the CMDB and Enterprise IT documentation as needed.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES: Actively participate in evaluating and improving the current IT policies, procedures, standards and other documentation. Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Reports to: IT Compliance Manager – IT Services
Direct Reports: None
· IT experience or exposure to IT practices.
· Exposure to Sarbanes-Oxley, IT Security, and IT Compliance guidelines and regulations.
· Knowledge base spanning multiple ITS and Financial industry disciplines.
· Knowledge of Project Management Methodologies and Application Development Life Cycles/Change Control processes.
· Ability to work independently and make sound decisions while meeting time sensitive deadlines.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Moderate proficiency with Microsoft Office application including Project and Visio.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to skillfully react and adapt to change.
· Ability to make sound decisions in ambiguous situations.
· Ability to manage and conduct meetings effectively and efficiently.
· Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple deadlines.
· College degree or equivalent work experience specifically related to IT and/or financial industry required.
· IT enterprise technical support experience desired.
· Project management experience beneficial.
Work is conducted in a professional office environment. Typically, subject to stressful situations arising from set project timelines, delivery deadlines, and managing multiple projects and priorities.